Where can I go for help if I have concerns about my child’s learning and development?

  • Call the Child Development Infoline at 1-800-505-7000 to access Help Me Grow, a program that provides information on child development and a variety of community resources statewide, or to find out about services available in your community.
  • You can request a free developmental screening and/or diagnostic evaluation through your local school district to determine if he/she may have a disability and may be eligible for special education and/or related services.
  • Visit the Connecticut Department of Education – Preschool Special Education web site at www.state.ct.us/sde to learn more.
  • Visit the Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center (CPAC) web site, if you have questions about the special education process.
Translate This Page »